Dallas Market Center welcomes Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Star plus designers, artists
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, January 17, 2011
"Hosting artists, designers and special guests allows attendees to develop a personal connection to the resources we offer," said Cindy Morris, COO, DMC. "It's great to hear about the inspiration behind the products seen throughout our campus."
Ed Sanders, star of ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, will give two educational presentations during the Dallas International Lighting Market (Jan. 20-24). The presentations will be held on Friday, Jan. 21 in Kichler Lighting's showroom, Trade Mart #4103. He will present "Make It Personal: The Ultimate Customer Connection" at 2 p.m. and "Make It Fun: Ed Sanders Shares His Personal Story" at 5:30 p.m. Sanders will meet with fans and sign autographs after each presentation.
Caroline Rose Hunt, one of the founders of Lady Primrose, Trade Mart #2153, will attend a party celebrating the 20th anniversary of Lady Primrose in its showroom on Friday, Jan. 21 from 4 to 6 p.m.
The founder of Peru Paper Company, Grace Bateman, will be available to speak with attendees during the FINDS Dallas Temp Show (Jan. 21-24), World Trade Center 12th floor, Booth #3519. Peru Paper Company produces and sells high-quality, handmade stationery and paper products from recycled materials, employing underprivileged and marginalized women in Peru who would otherwise not have the opportunity to make a livable wage to support their families.
Bateman is joining jewelry designer Elizabeth Carlock in FINDS. Carlock's charity collection benefits the Akola Project, an initiative of the Ugandan American Partnership Organization, and Reconciliation Outreach, a Dallas-based organization for men and women who struggle with alcohol, drug abuse and/or homelessness.
DEMDACO, Trade Mart #1418, will host several artist meet and greets during the Total Home & Gift Market:
- Marjolein Bastin of Nature's Journey, Jan. 21, 4 to 6 p.m.
- Lori Siebert of Glass Fusion, Jan. 21, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Holly Moody of Colorful Devotions and Lisa Frost of Lisa Frost Collection, Jan. 22, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Susan Lordi of Willow Tree, Jan. 22, 4 to 6 p.m.
Caffco International, Trade Mart #2232, will have three artists appearing in their showroom:
- Mandy Bagwell and Dana Wittmann, designers of ceramic dinnerware and serving pieces, Jan. 21-22
- Donnie Sasser, painter of angels and crosses on canvas, Jan. 20-22
Seasonal Whispers, World Trade Center #13727, will celebrate the grand opening of its showroom throughout Market. Both Yafit Goldfarb, creative director and CEO of Seasonal Whispers, and Esther Lixenberg, designer for Seasonal Whispers, will be in the showroom to meet with buyers.
Other highlights include:
- Mark Landres, designer for Burton James Upholstery, will be in Ambari, World Trade Center #11019, the afternoon of Jan. 20 and all day Jan. 21.
- Artist Jay Hylton will be at the 10th anniversary celebration for The Faith Collection, Trade Mart #2050, Jan. 21 at 2 p.m.
- A meet and greet with Ricardo Zuniga, owner and designer of Leaders in Leather, World Trade Center #13727, will be held throughout Market. The showroom will provide complimentary food and live music.
Attendees may contact the Dallas Market Center's in-house travel agency, Market Travel, for substantial travel and hotel discounts by calling 1-800-DAL-MKTS. The Dallas Market Center website is available at www.dallasmarketcenter.com.