ART announces new board, expanded committee
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, December 8, 2011
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Accessories Resource Team, the decorative accessory industry association, has announced the members of its new board of directors, elected earlier this fall. ART also approved a bylaw change that created an expanded executive committee.
The newly elected officers and board of directors tenure runs from Nov. 1, 2011, to Oct. 31, 2013, according to an ART press release.
The new officers and executive committee are:
• President - Steve Crowder, GuildMaster
• Executive Vice President - Mindy Lowack, Dallas Market Center
• Treasurer - John Clements, BJ's Home Accents
• Secretary - Vanessa Turney, Light by Design
• ARTS Awards - David Gebhart, Global Views
• Membership - Monica Loving, HomeStyle
• ART Conference - Doug Self, j. douglas
• Education - Cody Hutcheson, Codarus
The elected board members at large are:
• Karen Greaber, Americasmart
• Lee Hershberg, IMCenters - High Point
• Susan Andrulis, Imax
• Steve Papevies, Southern Accessories Today
• Mark Phillips, The Phillips Collection
• Boyd Tasker, IMCenters - Las Vegas
• Laura Van Zeyl, Home Fashion Magazine and Residential Lighting
• Kellee Hollenback, Troy/CSL - The Littman Group
• Jim Hering, HW Home
• Brad Clifford, Bravado Home
• Past President: Bill Fortson, BJ's Home Accents
• Past President: Colleen Visage, Swarovski Lighting Business
"Small business owners, whether they are retailers, sales reps or manufacturers, often feel they are alone battling the everyday business challenges," Crowder said. "Today's business climate can be pretty scary. ART is one of the few trade associations in this industry where companies up and down the supply chain can come together to tackle the issues we all face."
ART aims to helps solve common marketplace issues from technology to supply chain management, Crowder continued.
"ART provides the forum to tap in to the wisdom of the crowd," he said.
The organization co-produces the ARTS Awards with the Dallas Market Center, The ART Conference, regional peer forums and the ART Card discount loyalty program. For membership information, visit www.accessoriesresourceteam.org
Uttermost and Surya at the Dallas Market Center