Whereoware 2013 Show Survey reveals five key online trends
May 14, 2013,
Whereoware, an online strategy, design, development, and marketing company, recently released the results of a survey given to B2B gift and home vendors and retailers at the 2013 winter shows. With the addition of data from Whereoware's own client base of more than 100 gift and home clients, some key patterns arose:
1. Tablets: Retailers prefer personal interaction -- tablets can facilitate this process
2. Email: Targeted emails have high open rates, but most vendors are not sending
3. Catalogs: Retailers still want them, but most vendors still don't use online shoppable catalogs
4. Mobile: Traffic + revenue are soaring, but vendors are slow to invest
5. Social: A majority of vendors use social accounts, but devote only a few hours per week
"The 2013 survey revealed quite a few trends emerging and developing online, which may help vendors plan for the rest of the year. For example, we found that mobile revenue has increased by an astonishing 265%. However, just 8% of vendors expressed a commitment to investing in mobile viewing/buying capabilities in 2013," said Eric Dean, president of Whereoware. "Change was slow in other areas, as well -- triggered, targeted emails continue to be the most effective mailings a company can send, yet not enough vendors are taking advantage of this."
The survey's data also revealed changes in social media. Many retailers are now using Facebook to interact with vendors; however, survey data revealed that half of vendors devote less than two hours a week to social media, potentially leaving many opportunities on the table.
"The 2013 Gift + Home survey really continues to drive home the point that technological innovation is accelerating in this Industry," Dean said. "By embracing advances in technology, vendors can ensure that they are ready and able to meet retailers' demands."
See all of the statistics in an infographic at: www.whereoware.com/5trends.
Related Content By Author
Experience the Jaunty difference With Our Rug Sample Program