ASID Foundation announces 2012 scholarships, awards
Jennifer Marks -- Home Accents Today, December 6, 2011
WASHINGTON - The American Society of Interior Designers Foundation has announced its 2012 scholarships and awards and invites interior design students and professionals to apply.
Open to both ASID members and non-members, the six awards and scholarships totaling $23,000, range from monetary awards for contributions to the profession, to scholarships for all levels of students, according to a press release from the Foundation.
All applications are due by March 12, 2012. Criteria and applications can be accessed online at www.asidfoundation.org There is no application fee.
The ASID Foundation's grants and awards include:
• The Irene Winifred Eno Grant provides financial assistance to individuals or groups engaged in the creation of an educational program or an interior design research project dedicated to health, safety and welfare.
• The Joel Polsky Prize recognizes outstanding academic contributions to the discipline of interior design through literature or visual communication. Entries should address the needs of the public, designers and students on such topics as educational research, behavioral science, business practice, design process, theory or other technical subjects.
• The Joel Polsky Academic Achievement Award is given annually by the ASID Educational Foundation to recognize an outstanding undergraduate or graduate student's interior design research or thesis project. Research papers or doctoral and master's theses should address such interior design topics as educational research, behavioral science, business practice, design process, theory or other technical subjects.
The Foundation's annual Legacy Scholarships award $4,000 each for one undergraduate and one graduate student.
• The Legacy Scholarship for Undergraduates is open to all students in their junior or senior year of undergraduate study enrolled in at least a three-year program of interior design.
• The ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarship for Graduates is open to students enrolled in or have applied for admission to a graduate-level interior design program at a degree-granting institution.
The scholarship awards selection committee includes Julie Schulte, ASID, principal and founder of Schulte Design Associates, Inc. and member of the Florida State University Interior Design Advisory Board; Jill Pable, associate professor of Interior Design, Florida State University; Drew McGukin, ASID, principal and founder of Drew McGukin Interiors in New York; Dita Domonkos, Allied ASID, principal and founder of DD Design in Jacksonville, Fla.; and John Czarnecki, editor in chief, Contract magazine.