Nova names Alex Silva to new post
Will serve as director of international sales and business development
-- Home Accents Today, 2/23/2009 1:58:00 PM
Alex Silva has been named to the newly created position of director of international sales and business development for Nova.
In his new role, Silva will build and oversee a sales team and research new trade show, permanent showroom and other brand and business-building opportunities in key markets around the world for the California-based contemporary lighting and home decor company.
Formerly the key account manager for Nova, Silva recently completed a four-month sabbatical where he traveled extensively throughout Asia.
"Alex's solid track record with our company, together with his key account experience and the renewed international focus he has gained during his recent travels, make him the ideal candidate for this important new position," said Daniel Edelist, CEO. "His insight and industry experience will certainly help guide us as we continue to expand our company's offerings and presence both domestically and abroad."
Silva, who is fluent in Spanish and Portuguese, will focus initially on finding and developing strategic partnerships for Nova in Mexico, Central and South America, as well as Southeast Asia before July 2009. In addition, he will help tailor trade show and marketing efforts to attract more international clients to Nova's showrooms. He will also work closely with Nova's international key accounts to develop tools and products that meet their specialized market needs.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...