The X Factor
Style Setters Benches
Lindsey Hughes -- Home Accents Today, 12/1/2009 12:00:00 AM
A common thread weaving throughout bench, stool and ottoman designs this season is the classic X-shaped base. Although the style is not a novel one, the accents feel updated and fresh courtesy of the ultra-glam finishes and delicious upholstery that bring an air of vivacity. Glittery upholstery, metallic finishes and animal print motifs up the ante in this stylish game, where X really does mark the spot.
|Taking shimmer to new heights, the Barcelona bench partners an X-shaped chrome base with a metallic silver top from Shine Home ($2,787).|
|he Hugo bench highlights a cowhide motif cushion atop an iron X-base for a truly chic accent from ArteriorsHome.|
|From the Gramercy Park Collection, Barclay Butera's Bel Air ottoman showcases Royal Tiger Ash upholstery and a darkly finished X-shaped base ($3,449).|
|A chocolate leather cushion with nailhead trim tops an X-shaped wooden base on the style-heavy stool from Three Hands ($86).|
|Dransfield & Ross's Leopard Needlepoint bench accentuates an X-shaped hoofed base with a lavish leopard print seat.|
Palecek's Sweaterweave Cross bench features a plantation gemelina frame with a classic cross leg design and a split rattan seat finished in mushroom ($598).
|Buttercream tufted upholstery swathes the Jonathan bench from Oly, completed with an antiqued gold metal base ($1,925).|
|Trimmed in full grain leather and finished in shades of warm gray, the Roger bench spotlights crisscross legs in a zinc finish from Made Goods ($1,300 to $2,200).|
|Adding a hint of ancient graphics, Greek key accents embellish the Circe bench from Currey & Company, finished in glamorous red gold leaf ($810).|
|An antique bronze frame and black faux leather combine to form the classically styled bench from CTC/Howard Elliott Collection ($180).|
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...