New Ikea Denver location announced
Store will be geothermally heated
-- Home Accents Today, 3/16/2010 8:03:00 AM
March 16, 2010 -- Ikea today announced that contractors have been hired and a site-work permit is pending for its future Denver-area store. A fall 2011 grand opening is planned for the 415,000-sq.-ft. store, which will be built on 13.5 acres along the western side of Interstate 25 in the Park Meadows area of Centennial, Colorado.
The store will be the first Ikea location in the U.S. to incorporate a geothermal component as part of the heating and cooling system -- heat will be pumped either from or into the ground, depending on weather conditions.
Centennial-based Saunders Construction has been retained as the construction management firm.
“With our land purchased, team selected and site-work permit pending, we now can schedule Ikea Centennial to open fall 2011,” said Doug Greenholz, Ikea real estate director. “Construction crews soon will begin clearing and grading the site, and we look forward to breaking ground officially in a couple of months.”
There are currently more than 300 Ikea stores in 38 countries, including 37 in the U.S.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...