New York gift fair renews partnership with ASID
Regional ASID chapters will exhibit at Pier 94 for winter market
-- Home Accents Today, 12/29/2009 7:51:00 AM
The New York International Gift Fair has finalized a partnership with the New Jersey and New York Metro chapters of American Society of Interior Designers through which ASID will exhibit at the winter 2010 market and NYIGF will offer regional chapter members a number of benefits in connection with the show.
As part of the agreement, ASID’s New Jersey and New York Metro chapters will exhibit in booth 40047-49 at Pier 94 during the winter market. ASID members will style the exhibit space, using furnishings provided by At Home exhibitors, and chapter representatives will distribute information about ASID to market participants. NYIGF exhibitors also are being encouraged to offer “ASID show specials” and group purchase discounts to chapter members to facilitate order-writing during the market.
“ASID’s certification requirements ensure that members are trend-setters and thought-leaders in interior design,” said Dorothy Belshaw, NYIGF director and GLM senior vice president. “We’re delighted to continue a partnership that welcomes professional interior designers to market and incentivizes them to do business with NYIGF designers and manufacturers.”
“NYIGF offers a wealth of design resources, for both residential and commercial projects, to ASID members,” said Mary Brennan, president of ASID’s New Jersey chapter. “We appreciate the ‘red carpet’ treatment being offered to our members.”
ASID is a professional association of interior design professionals who must pass rigorous acceptance standards: a combination of accredited design education and/or full-time work experience. Professional members must also pass a two-day accreditation exam administered by the National Council for Interior Design Qualification.
The New York gift show is scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 30 through Thursday, Feb. 4, 2010, at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center and Passenger Ship Terminal Pier 94.
We would love your feedback!
- Aug 21, 2013
- Aug 15, 2011
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...