Lamps & Lighting: Feeling Blue
Styles & Trends: Design Notebook
Lindsey Hughes -- Home Accents Today, 11/1/2009 12:00:00 AM
Peace, tranquility and serenity are served up in stylish form this season as lamp designs bask in pools of blue. Soothing shades of aqua and indigo immerse lamp bases, summoning visions of sparkling waters.
1. The Rippled Aqua Blue Glass table lamp is topped with a creamy linen shade from Lamp Works.
2. The Ely Aqua Glass accent lamp recalls the sparkling calm waters of the Caribbean Sea from Arteriors ($299).
3. The classically styled Bohemian Bazaar Collection table lamp gets an updated twist in a tranquil wash of ocean blue from Creative Co-Op ($120).
4. Stylish indigo patterning embellishes the base of Currey & Company's Courtship table lamp, made of porcelain and brass and topped with a cream silk shade ($340).
5.Oriental Accent enhances the stately quality of the Empress lamp with a luxe turquoise lacquer finish and gold accents.
6. A deep shade of cobalt blue saturates the base of Chelsea House's Covington Porcelain lamp, accented with shimmering gold highlights ($350).
We would love your feedback!