High Point Market Sketchbook
Tracy Bulla -- Home Accents Today, 10/1/2009 12:00:00 AM
A map of many cultures, our exotically themed lounge travels from Africa to Asia and back. This thoroughly modern translation emphasizes intricate pattern work, reclaimed and rare woods, and a subtle neutral palette pumped up with flashes of metal. Handcrafted appeal scores high marks here, balanced out by a few carefully chosen examples of contemporary design.
|The Baladi panel from Made Goods repurposes wood used as a mold for cast marble window screens in India and backs it with mirror, spotlighting stunning geometric shapes.|
|Abstract swirls traverse porcelain in Currey & Company's nickel-tipped Astrakhan lamp, part of the Lillian August Collection ($450).|
|Wunderley lavishes an oversize tasseled pouf with dense and decadent embroidery ($825).|
|The modernist drinks table from Belle Meade Signature translates the Moroccan tea table for today with zebrawood top, lacquered base and sterling silver-leafed legs ($749).|
|The St. Germain drum pendant illuminates ornate laser-cut patterning in an aged brass finish from Architects & Heroes Interiors ($1,650).|
|Lattice patterns scroll across pure white linen in elegant fashion from Lili Alessandra ($150 to $360).|
|From Surya, designer Jill Rosenwald draws on ancient Middle Eastern architecture, tracing delicate ogee motifs into a hand-woven, lattice-decorated rug ($264, 5×8).|
|Made from 100% recycled teak, the large-scale planter from Groovystuff effects the effortless style of a reclaimed artifact ($180).|
|Tufted leather flows along a sinuous curve in the Pavilion chaise from Alphaville Design, grounded by slim metal legs ($938).|
|Part of the Red Chambers Series from Middle Kingdom, the pristine Courtesan urn showcases an exquisitely sensual form in either matte black or gloss white porcelain ($320).|
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...