Gilt Home launching customizable furniture
January 28, 2014,
Gilt Home's new customizable furniture line includes 122 silhouettes to choose from and more than 55 fabric options.
The new line allows consumers to pick their favorite design and choose a fabric from 122 silhouettes and more than 55 fabric options.
Gilt Home's creative director, Tom Delavan, offers a few tips for choosing a custom design:
• Pick a pattern from a fabric or rug that you like, and use that to determine the color of the solids in the room (this is an old decorator trick, and it really works).
• Fashion should inspire design; if there's a color combo you really like from an outfit or a painting, try it in your space.
• Black, white and gray are a classic mixture - but don't stop there. If you choose this modern, minimal route, it still pays to add warmth with texture, wood and metallics.
• If adding color to an otherwise neutral palette, add two or three elements. Just one will look like a mistake.
• A lot of people talk about mixing patterns. Leave that to the experts. Instead, mix solids with solids or solids with one pattern. If you really, really want to mix patterns, just use different color scales for each.
Related Content By Author
Badgley Mischka Home Collection showroom tour, High Point Market
Furniture Stores Accessories Sales Survey
Please help us provide benchmarks that you and your fellow furniture retailers can use to measure and improve your home accessory sales. All of your answers will be held in the strictest confidence and will be reported only in combination with those of other retailers. At the end of the survey, you will have the opportunity to enter your name in a drawing to win one of three $100 Visa gift cards. Please click here to take the survey. Or click here to download and fill out the form and email it back to us. Thank you for your response!