Gilt Home launching customizable furniture
January 28, 2014-- Home Accents Today,
Gilt Home's new customizable furniture line includes 122 silhouettes to choose from and more than 55 fabric options.
The new line allows consumers to pick their favorite design and choose a fabric from 122 silhouettes and more than 55 fabric options.
The sale goes live at noon Eastern Standard Time today, Jan. 28, and can be accessed directly at gilt.com/custom.
Gilt Home's creative director, Tom Delavan, offers a few tips for choosing a custom design:
• Pick a pattern from a fabric or rug that you like, and use that to determine the color of the solids in the room (this is an old decorator trick, and it really works).
• Fashion should inspire design; if there's a color combo you really like from an outfit or a painting, try it in your space.
• Black, white and gray are a classic mixture - but don't stop there. If you choose this modern, minimal route, it still pays to add warmth with texture, wood and metallics.
• If adding color to an otherwise neutral palette, add two or three elements. Just one will look like a mistake.
• A lot of people talk about mixing patterns. Leave that to the experts. Instead, mix solids with solids or solids with one pattern. If you really, really want to mix patterns, just use different color scales for each.
Related Content By Author
Industry Related Content
Jaipur goes wild with National Geographic