Gilt Home launching customizable furniture
January 28, 2014,
Gilt Home's new customizable furniture line includes 122 silhouettes to choose from and more than 55 fabric options.
The new line allows consumers to pick their favorite design and choose a fabric from 122 silhouettes and more than 55 fabric options.
Gilt Home's creative director, Tom Delavan, offers a few tips for choosing a custom design:
• Pick a pattern from a fabric or rug that you like, and use that to determine the color of the solids in the room (this is an old decorator trick, and it really works).
• Fashion should inspire design; if there's a color combo you really like from an outfit or a painting, try it in your space.
• Black, white and gray are a classic mixture - but don't stop there. If you choose this modern, minimal route, it still pays to add warmth with texture, wood and metallics.
• If adding color to an otherwise neutral palette, add two or three elements. Just one will look like a mistake.
• A lot of people talk about mixing patterns. Leave that to the experts. Instead, mix solids with solids or solids with one pattern. If you really, really want to mix patterns, just use different color scales for each.
Related Content By Author
Interior Design Summit adds market program for designers
Home Accents Today eWeekly
AmericasMart ICON Honorees
Excellence and superior achievement in the home and gift industry were recognized in July at AmericasMart's eighth annual ICON Honors. Enjoy these video stories celebrating the 2017 award recipients: Spicher and Company, Bloomingville, Wolf Gourmet, Her Majesty's English Tea Room, Kurt S. Adler, Inc., and Chris Rosse, Rosse and Associates. See the videos!