Havertys announces new chairman, executive promotions
-- Home Accents Today, 5/13/2010 8:55:00 AM
At Haverty Furniture Companies' annual Board of Directors meeting, L. Phillip "Phil" Humann was elected non-executive chairman succeeding Clarence "Clancy" H. Ridley. Ridley was elected chairman emeritus after serving on the board since 1979 and as chairman since 2001.
Humann has served on Havertys' board since 1992, and held the position of chairman of the board of SunTrust Banks, Inc., for ten years. He retired in April 2009 and currently is presiding director of Equifax, Inc. and director of Coca Cola Enterprises Inc. Of his election, Humann said, "I am honored to serve as chairman of a company with such a long history of integrity and success. We appreciate Clancy's dedication to Havertys and many years of service as a director and chairman."
The Board also announced the promotions of Allan DeNiro, Jenny Parker, Janet Taylor and Randall Davis.
DeNiro was promoted to senior vice president, chief people officer. He joined the company in 2004 as vice president, human resources and was named chief people officer in 2005. DeNiro has over 30 years of experience in all areas of human capital development including strategy and organizational design, recruiting, training, labor relations and mentorship.
Parker was promoted to senior vice president, finance, secretary and treasurer. She was a senior manager for KPMG with over 12 years of experience when she joined Havertys in 1994. Parker has served as a financial officer since 1994 and was promoted to vice president, finance in 1996. She assumed the additional roles of secretary in 1997 and treasurer in 1998.
Taylor was promoted to senior vice president, general counsel. She served as a partner from 2000 to 2005 in the corporate department at the Atlanta office of King & Spalding. She also gained experience as assistant general counsel for a medical services corporation. Taylor joined Havertys in 2005 as vice president, law and was promoted to vice president and general counsel in 2006.
Randall "Randy" A. Davis was promoted to vice president, corporate controller. He joined Havertys as assistant controller in 2006 and was promoted to corporate controller in 2008. Davis is a certified public accountant and his prior experience includes over three years in public accounting and over five years in the private sector.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...