Suzanne Kasler for Ballard Designs collection to debut in August
Susan Dickenson -- Home Accents Today, 5/27/2010 11:35:00 AM
This August, Ballard Designs will debut products from its new partnership with designer Suzanne Kasler, the multi-channel retailer’s first such collaboration in its nearly 27-year history.
The signature collection of more than 40 pieces includes mirrors and wall decor, decorative accessories, candle holders, display shelves and hooks, dinnerware and desk accessories at price points ranging from $14 for a dozen quatrefoil zinc hangtags to vintage inspired sunburst mirrors priced at $79-$149, to $299 for a 1937 world map print.
In addition, James Pope, the company’s director of business development and retail, said Ballard plans to roll out a small holiday-themed collection from Kasler in its October-November-December 2010 catalog and has planned more introductions for Spring/Summer 2011. He also revealed plans for an upcoming collection from a second collaboration. “Going forward, we will also be introducing a line from (Los Angeles-based designer) James Swan, in our January-February 2011 catalog.”
Kasler’s design style, described by the company as a presentation of couture-like detailing that reflects a keen sense of sublime color selections and an aesthetic that bridges American and European sensibilities, was first introduced to Ballard customers in the March-April catalog when she decorated an entire house with existing Ballard products.
“The ‘house’ gave Suzanne a chance to share her unique style and design via our catalog in over 10 spreads,” Pope said.
Pope added that Kasler has been a Ballard customer for years, “…and we at Ballard have been big fans of her and her work.” He said Ballard approached her because Kasler’s style and personality reflect who the Ballard Designs customers are, and what they’re looking for in home decor and furniture. “Suzanne is a working mom who can inspire people with a unique style that reflects a little glamour, European chic and southern heritage.”
Kasler, who has designed collections for Safavieh, Hickory Chair and Visual Comfort lighting, said Ballard shares her aesthetic and love of all things continental. “My collection is designed to set a tone and create a mood; the pieces are stylish, personal, and timeless,” she said. “Our customers can use them express their own personality and create a lifestyle."
Suzanne Kasler’s collection for Ballard Designs will be available beginning in August, 2010 in the Ballard Designs catalog, online and at the company’s retail stores.
OMG Can't get over Suzanne lives right here in Atlanta. My doggie is sick & in her crate for some needed rest- I'm online looking for an indoor/outdoor rug. Online travels have taken me to Ballard designs: her rugs are stunning! Now if I could find the size; 10 x14-Debbie Nefsky - 2011-07-09 14:11:20 EDT
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...