Soicher Marin to debut Thom Filicia Art Collection at High Point Market
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 8/25/2010 2:51:38 PM
Celebrity designer Thom Filicia and Ed Marin of Soicher Marin recently collaborated to finalize a unique new art collection.
Filicia, known for his work on Bravo TV's "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy," The Style Network's "Dress My Nest" and "Tacky House," began working with Ed Marin, CEO of Soicher Marin last year. He traveled to Sarasota, Fla. in early July to work with Marin, facing a limited window of time in which to complete the project. The two stayed up for an "intense" 24 straight hours to finish the work, which will be unveiled at the High Point Market in October.
Filicia took a minimalist approach to his designs of airplanes, industrial images, leaves, beach scenes and smatterings of Americana. "His designs are accessible" Marin said. "It takes me back to being a kid; the nostalgia of America, of a time that was perhaps simpler."
Soicher Marin's designer collections include works by Suzanne Kasler, Jamie Drake, Barbara Barry and Mariette Himes Gomez.
After its debut in High Point, the Thom Filicia Art Collection can be seen at www.thomfiliciaart.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...