MMPI names Nancy Michael to senior marketing post for gift and home decor
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 1/4/2011 5:43:01 AM
NANCY MICHAEL WILL join MMPI as senior marketing and strategy director for the gift and home décor industry, effective Jan. 3, 2011. In her new role, Michael will be based in Chicago working directly with Trisha Schultz, marketing director, and the Chicago Market team, as well as coordinating and leveraging marketing activity across all three locations -- Los Angeles, Chicago and New York.
Michael will work with management teams for the California Gift Show, Chicago Market and 7 W in the development, coordination, and implementation of all marketing efforts, including advertising, special events, public relations, websites, direct mail programs, sponsorships, mailing lists, buyer relationships, directories and trade show cross-marketing for the industry.
She brings knowledge and experience in the gift and home industries through her marketing role with a major manufacturer, a perspective that will benefit attendees, permanent showrooms and temporary exhibitors. For the last decade, Michael served as the director of marketing for Tag. In that role, Michael worked on every major Tag initiative from launching new product categories to growing the brand. Prior to that, she served as Tag's eastern regional sales manager, where she managed all of the company's independent manufacturer rep agencies east of the Mississippi and was responsible for the relationships with independent retail accounts and other key accounts Prior to working for Tag, Michael was sales manager for the Chicago-based company, Chefwear.
As senior marketing and strategy director, Michael will tap into her existing relationships with industry partners, work with existing and potential MMPI customers and draw on her own experience to help guide strategic planning for the properties.
"Nancy Michael has the rare ability to bridge left and right brain thinking," said Joan Ulrich, senior vice president, MMPI. "She is hard driving, analytical and results-oriented, while at the same time, she values building relationships, thinking creatively and pushing the envelope. She is a successful industry veteran and we are thrilled to welcome her to the MMPI team."
"I am excited to be joining the MMPI team. I have had the pleasure of working with MMPI's great professionals throughout my career in the gift industry and have already developed a number of strong working relationships," Michael said. "I look forward to the opportunity to bring my strengths to the MMPI team and to the accomplishments we can achieve."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...