Pantone reveals 2017 Color of the Year
December 8, 2016,
Pantone Color Institute has selected Greenery as its Color of the Year for 2017.
Inspired by lush foliage and the great outdoors, Pantone describes the hue as “a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew.”
In home décor and architecture, Pantone expects the shade to translate through living walls, terrariums, botanically-themed wallpaper, paint and accent furniture and décor. The institute also cites the trend toward open spaces in interior and exterior design and floor-to-ceiling windows, allowing the green outdoors to become part of a room’s backdrop and ambiance.
“The tangy yellow-green speaks to our desire to express, explore, experiment and reinvent, imparting a sense of buoyancy,” Eiseman said. “Through its reassuring yet assertive vibrancy, Greenery offers us self-assurance and boldness to live life on our own terms, during a time when we are redefining what makes us successful and happy.”
Pantone also announced a partnership with Airbnb to bring Greenery to life through an experience in early 2017. The collaboration was inspired by Pantone’s vision for Greenery and Airbnb’s community that connects travelers to experiences across the globe.
In selecting the Color of the Year, Pantone explores influences in the entertainment industry and films in production, traveling art collections and new artists, fashion, all areas of design, popular travel destinations, as well as new lifestyles, playstyles and socio-economic conditions. Influences may also stem from new technologies, materials, textures and effects that impact color, relevant social media platforms and upcoming sporting events.
Past colors include:
- PANTONE 15-3919 Serenity and PANTONE 13-1520 Rose Quartz (2016)
- PANTONE 18-1438 Marsala (2015)
- PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid (2014)
- PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald (2013)
- PANTONE 17-1463 Tangerine Tango (2012)
- PANTONE 18-2120 Honeysuckle (2011)
- PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise (2010)
- PANTONE 14-0848 Mimosa (2009)
- PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris (2008)
- PANTONE 19-1557 Chili Pepper (2007)
- PANTONE 13-1106 Sand Dollar (2006)
- PANTONE 15-5217 Blue Turquoise (2005)
- PANTONE 17-1456 Tigerlily (2004)
- PANTONE 14-4811 Aqua Sky (2003)
- PANTONE 19-1664 True Red (2002)
- PANTONE 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose (2001)
- PANTONE 15-4020 Cerulean (2000) <
Related Content By Author
Andrew Pearson Glass, Charleston Forge collaborate at Fall High Point Market 2017
Home Accents Today eWeekly
AmericasMart ICON Honorees
Excellence and superior achievement in the home and gift industry were recognized in July at AmericasMart's eighth annual ICON Honors. Enjoy these video stories celebrating the 2017 award recipients: Spicher and Company, Bloomingville, Wolf Gourmet, Her Majesty's English Tea Room, Kurt S. Adler, Inc., and Chris Rosse, Rosse and Associates. See the videos!