Capel to launch HGTV's Genevieve Gorder rug line at High Point Market
Celebratory cocktail reception Oct. 23 in showroom
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 9/30/2011 11:08:08 AM
TROY, N.C. — Capel Rugs has partnered with interior designer and HGTV star Genevieve Gorder to create a new line of rugs that will debut at the October High Point Market.
The Genevieve Gorder line features four collections of flat-woven styles, encompassing a range of classic themes and global inspirations. The line features varying designs from indigenous patterns to Morrocan tile work to Gorder's own ancestral heirlooms.
"Genevieve finds beauty and inspiration in everyday life and reinterprets those components to create one-of-a-kind designs that are hip and playful," said Tami Watras, vice president - product and creative director for Capel. "We are extremely excited about our new partnership and the unique decorating opportunities that it offers consumers."
The Genevieve Gorder line is an extension of Capel's New Style Point of View concept launched in fall 2010, according to the rug producer. The initiative aims to pair Capel's quality and classic stylings with creative new designs, colors and collaborations with today's most popular designers, like Gorder, according to Watras.
In addition to her work on television shows like HGTV's "Dear Genevieve" and "Design Star," Gorder was one of the original designers on TLC's hit series, "Trading Spaces."
"Creating a special room or a special product comes down to finding out what it is that really gives you joy. Design is emotional, personal and so sensual," Gorder said. "For all the homes I can't visit, I am now so proud to offer a tangible piece of my imagination."
Gorder has appeared on "Oprah," "The Nate Berkus Show," "The View," "Today" and CNN. Also, she writes a monthly column for Parents magazine on resolving reader-selected design dilemmas.
"Joining with Capel is an absolute honor," Gorder said. "To work with a brand of enormous integrity and history is a design inspiration in itself."
Capel will celebrate the launch of its new Genevieve Gorder rug line at the Fall High Point Market with a cocktail reception for retailers in its showroom, located at Market Square, space 112, from 4-6 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 23. Gorder will be in the Capel Rugs showroom on Sunday, Oct. 23 and Monday, Oct. 24.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...