Wayfair.com names Kristine Kennedy editorial director
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 10/12/2011 1:55:02 PM
BOSTON, Mass. - Home furnishings shopping site Wayfair.com has hired Kristine Kennedy, a former editor withBetter Homes and Gardens, to serve as its new editorial director. Kennedy will be positioned as one of "the new faces of Wayfair," a group that will also include several designers from home-oriented television shows, according to a company release.
"I plan to infuse Wayfair.com with helpful, engaging, and fun features that really capitalize on the interactivity of the Internet," Kennedy said. "The goal is to enrich the site experience for our 11 million visitors each month -- giving them a reason to hang out with the Wayfair brand whether they are buying something that day or not."
Kennedy's content strategy for Wayfair.com will involve improving the customer experience through interactive planning tools, trend information, photography, partnerships with experts, blogging and social media.
"Kris is someone who really understands our core customer, a person who cares about her home but who wants good value and service in making that happen," said Niraj Shah, Wayfair.com's CEO and co-founder. "In her magazine career, Kris provided ideas and guidance to readers with different house styles and a variety of decorating styles, in all regions of the country, which is exactly what we want to do at Wayfair. It's a perfect fit."
"Most people have an amalgam of styles in their homes, collected over the years," Kennedy said. "The question is how do you put those items together in a way that reflects your personality today? What can you switch up to make the room live better or say something about you? That's what our content will address. With Wayfair's catalog at my fingertips, I'll have a lot to work with, creating accessible designs that can satisfy all budgets and styles."
Formerly CSN Stores, Wayfair LLC is the parent company for Wayfair.com, which offers more than 5,000 brands of home furnishings, lighting, cookware and moreand includes the sites AllModern.com, JossAndMain.com and Buyster.com.au.
Awesome, Printapons saves me time and money! You can see the coupons instantly and don't have to search for ones.shirleyhandy - 2011-10-13 08:37:57 EDT
I love the Printapons website. It is so convenient and easy to use. It's coupons are great and there are sooo many. 5 stars all the way.shirleyhandy - 2011-10-13 08:36:00 EDT
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...