The Cool Factor
August 1, 2017,
Faux fur upholstery invites luxe lounging on Harp & Finial’s Henry chair, featuring a walnut-finished wood frame. A-352
Soft, intensely tactile materials blanket the market – in the form of decadent furs and velvets joined by silken cottons and wools – with a serene aesthetic extending to throws and pillows, upholstered furniture, lighting and rugs. Buttery suedes and leathers round out the selection of natural fibers this season.
A mix of warm, almost molten metals (think brass, bronze, copper) adds the requisite touch of sophistication to interiors, perfectly complementing a rich palette of amber, spiced oranges, merlot and an unexpected dark navy. While the market is awash in a sea of gray, rich chocolate browns make a welcome return. Finally, understated shades of purple prove directional with eloquence and aplomb.
Other key themes include singularly distinct tribal designs, inspired by traditional African textiles and accents as well as art-inspired offerings referencing the Cubism period and other early modern art movements.
Dimond Lighting’s Atmospheric Circulation lamp emits a warmly burnished glow with a crisp Cubist form. A-344
- Chain Gang Reimagining the chain in lighting, accents and more adds jewelry-like touches to the home
- Living Green The movement of bringing the outdoors inside continues full steam ahead
- Tribal Revival Dramatically bold designs exude modernist flair this season
- Groove Thing Macrame, crochet and other bohemian offerings pay homage to the era of the hippie chick
- Stone Age Natural stone continues to be a favorite for home accents, putting the spotlight on the pattern
- Velvet Underground Look to this luxurious fabric to provide a cocooning effect in soft goods, furniture and more
- Purple Haze The regal hue returns to lend understated elegance to interiors
- Shimmering Hot Swoon-worthy metallic finishes create warmth in brass, bronze, copper and deep gold
- Studio Art Cubist and abstract-inspired imagery enervate contemporary design
- Ceramic Chic Of-the-moment ceramic offerings reflect artisanal, hand-crafted appeal <
Related Content By Author
Interior Design Summit adds market program for designers
Home Accents Today eWeekly
AmericasMart ICON Honorees
Excellence and superior achievement in the home and gift industry were recognized in July at AmericasMart's eighth annual ICON Honors. Enjoy these video stories celebrating the 2017 award recipients: Spicher and Company, Bloomingville, Wolf Gourmet, Her Majesty's English Tea Room, Kurt S. Adler, Inc., and Chris Rosse, Rosse and Associates. See the videos!