Earl Wang named president of Legacy Classic Kids
Thomas Russell, Furniture/Today -- Home Accents Today, 11/22/2011 11:51:54 AM
HIGH POINT — Earl Wang has been named to the newly created position of president of Legacy Classic Kids, according to Samson Marketing, which oversees the Legacy Classic and Universal Furniture brands.
For the past nine years Wang was American Drew and Lea Inds., most recently as senior vice president of merchandising. He also has held merchandising positions at manufacturers Riverside and Universal.
He reports to Kevin O'Connor, president and CEO of Samson Marketing.
O'Connor told Furniture/Today that the hiring is part of an effort to treat Legacy Classic Kids as a separate business unit.
"Legacy Classic Kid's has grown to be a significant segment of the overall Legacy Classic Furniture business," O'Connor said in a statement. "This reorganizational move will better address the needs of the youth market and its unique retail needs by having someone completely dedicated to this division and its growth."
Lee Boone remains president of case goods resource Legacy Classic Furniture.
"Bringing someone of Earl's caliber to the position shows our commitment to the category," Boone said. "Earl has the background, experience, knowledge and industry profile as a leader in the category."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...