Homesense launches in Massachusetts
August 23, 2017,
Homesense opened this month in Framingham, Mass.
This store, located just west of Boston, is the first of four planned launches this year, company officials say. It joins a roster of brands including TJ Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods.
Officials say Homesense will offer a shopping experience that complements HomeGoods by offering expanded departments such as large-scale furniture, lighting and art, as well as new departments like a general store. While sharing the same name, the Homesense concept in the U.S. will differ from stores bearing the same name in Europe or Canada.
Officials say shoppers will be invited to uncover exciting finds from around the world with a greater depth of merchandise in certain categories to fuel inspiration, such as:
- A broad assortment of furniture. Customers may find oversized upholstery, such as sectionals and sofas, futons and day beds, as well as leather furniture and expanded at-home workplace essentials, such as desks, bookcases and filing cabinets.
- Accent décor conceptually displayed to entice the senses and inspire new discovery. This may include oversize rugs up to 14 feet long, as well as rounds, runners and scatters; a wide variety of hanging chandeliers and brightly lit lamps displayed individually in dedicated cubbies so that shoppers can more easily picture them in their own home; and a chair gallery where shoppers candiscover everything from dining chairs to bar stools as well as pillows, poufs and ottomans of different sizes and shapes for comfortable, stylish lounging options.
- Expansive displays of art, mounted for gallery-style shopping. Free-standing fixtures and oversized easels to complement the in-store gallery wall and help customers visualize the fit in their spaces.
- Entertaining options for holidays and other special occasions. Customers may find unique bar and game room furniture, such as card tables, pool tables, foosball tables and more, and an expanded selection of gifting items and wrapping essentials, making Homesense a go-to stop for at-home entertaining.
- A "General Store" with all things organization, cleaning and home improvement. Customers can discover hardware merchandise for the home, such as mailboxes, door stops, toolkits and fireplace needs; storage options like cubbies, storage lockers and more; and outdoor options like garden storage and furniture covers.
Following the Framingham Homesense location, store openings are planned in East Hanover, N.J., Ocean Township, N.J., and Westwood, Mass. later in 2017.
Related Content By Author
Best of NEXT Conference 2017
Home Accents Today eWeekly