Americasmart now accepting entries for America's Magnificent Carpets Awards
Alex Lemonde-Gray -- Home Accents Today, 12/7/2011 4:01:55 PM
ATLANTA - Americasmart is now accepting entries for the 2012 America's Magnificent Carpets Awards until Dec. 16, with all rugs received no later than Dec. 30, the market entity announced.
For entry instructions and official rules, go to http://www.americasmart.com/amca.
Sponsored by AmericasMart with the Oriental Rug Importers Association, the AMCA recognizes the latest area rug introductions.
The AMCA will also honor the rug Retailer of The Year. The honoree will be selected from nominees entered by Americasmart exhibitors and voted on by an independent panel of industry experts. Three Retailer of The Year awards will be given. Selection criteria includes outstanding selling and merchandising, breadth and depth of product offering, and excellence in customer service.
The AMCA will be presented at the Atlanta International Area Rug Market featuring the National Oriental Rug Show, taking place Jan. 12-15, which runs in conjunction with the Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market, held Jan. 11-18.
The AMCAs will take place Friday, Jan. 13, 2012 in the Oceans Ballroom at the Georgia Aquarium starting at 6 p.m.
The 2012 AMCA event features five area rug categories indoor/outdoor, licensee, handmade, hand-knotted and power-loomed. Each showroom may submit up to two rugs - a third rug may be submitted in the new indoor/outdoor or licensee categories. The entry fee is $150 per rug if submitted before Dec. 16, $200 after Dec. 16. No rugs over eight-foot by 10-foot, except antique entries, will be accepted.
All Rug & Home buyers and exhibitors may view the winning rugs and meet the designers behind them at the Breakfast by Design event on Saturday, Jan. 14, from 10-11 a.m. in AmericasMart Building 1, Floor 4.
A complimentary breakfast banquet will be available to all Rug & Home buyers and exhibitors attending the January 2012 Market. Rugs will hang in the prestigious Museum of Introductions from Jan. 13-15, from 9 a.m. until noon.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...