Dallas Market Center announces updates, improvements to The Temps
October 5, 2017,
Dallas Market Center announced a number of updates and improvements to its temporary exhibits to begin during January’s Total Home & Gift Market’s Luxe Gift and Home & Design temps.
The updates are strategically designed to improve the buying experience for tens of thousands of loyal retailers as well as drive traffic and sales for hundreds of exhibitors. The market reports that more than 90% of Dallas market buyers visit the temps and report their primary motivation is to discover new products.
In order to create an enhanced buying and selling experience, improvements will include remerchandising select categories; launching new categories; creating new spaces for events, displays, and seminars; special giveaways, new food and drink outlets; new promotional events; and new marketing efforts that will maximize the on-site promotion of temporary exhibits and individual exhibitors.
Among the improvements across the marketplace that will add energy, elevate the show’s environment, and capture the attention of buyers:
- The 12th floor will undergo improvements in booth layout, signage, seating, and food outlets and will also host seminars and buyer hospitalities.
- Launching in January on the 12th floor is Made, a comprehensive section of exhibitors with products that are handmade, artisan, American made, one-of-a-kind, and global designs.
- A special cause-related and charitable giving product section will also launch on the 12 th floor, meeting the high demand by buyers for products with a special mission.
- The 13th floor of the World Trade Center will become one stylish destination as the fashion accessories temps unite with women’s apparel temps.
- The 6th floor will continue its momentum as the must-visit destination for temporary home & design exhibitors and will add several new companies in home décor, lighting, textiles, and other decorative elements for the home.
- The Trade Mart atrium has been rebranded as Luxe Gift, and the exhibitor selection will evolve in 2018 to represent the pinnacle of luxury gift and high-style products including candles, personal care, home accents, and more.
- Market Hall will undergo extensive improvements to its design and merchandising as well as new events and promotions.
- Physical upgrades and improvements to the space will be complemented by an edited selection of exhibitors presenting products in demand by retailers seeking immediate delivery items, furniture, and vintage products. In addition, the launch of a biergarten will create a unique networking and socializing space featuring an unmatched selection of local and craft beers.
- In order to promote the sweeping changes, a new marketing campaign will highlight the temps across all communication channels and will reach tens of thousands of buyers before and during the show. Utilizing video, social media, advertising, signage, and public relations, a steady stream of promotional content will capture buyers’ attention and provide new motivation to visit the temps.
Over the coming weeks additional announcements will highlight the final schedule of events and the increasing number of new exhibitors joining the show as well as returning companies.
Related Content By Author
Red hot year continues for Crestview Collection
Home Accents Today eWeekly
AmericasMart ICON Honorees
Excellence and superior achievement in the home and gift industry were recognized in July at AmericasMart's eighth annual ICON Honors. Enjoy these video stories celebrating the 2017 award recipients: Spicher and Company, Bloomingville, Wolf Gourmet, Her Majesty's English Tea Room, Kurt S. Adler, Inc., and Chris Rosse, Rosse and Associates. See the videos!