High Point University seminar to focus on online marketing
Gary Evans , Furniture Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 3/1/2012 11:41:00 AM
HIGH POINT — High Point University's third annual online marketing seminar for students and home furnishings industry officials is set for March 21, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., in the Phillips School of Business on the university's campus.
The event, sponsored by the Knabusch-Shoemaker International School of Furnishings, will focus on increasing company revenues in a world where online advertising, social media and company websites are becoming effective ways to reach consumers.
The free seminar is open to home furnishings retailers, manufacturers, designers, suppliers and HPU students.
Keynote speaker Kristine Kennedy, editorial director of online home furnishings retailer Wayfair, will give an overview of how Wayfair is implementing a brand strategy and creating inspirational content to build customer loyalty and purchase likelihood.
Wayfair.com offers 4.5 million items from 5,000 vendors. Kennedy recently joined Wayfair after 17 years with Better Homes and Gardens.
Christine Pierpoint, vice president of emerging media at communications firm IMRE, will give a presentation on measuring return on investment of online marketing through analysis.
In addition, a four member panel of industry professionals - including two retailers, a manufacturer and an interior designer - will present case studies for their effective use of online marketing.
Breakout sessions will involve tactics to manage time for the most effective return and customer engagement through social media marketing. This includes the fast-growing online design board Pinterest, the emerging power of online promotional platforms like Living Social and Groupon, and understanding the business model around QR codes.
For other details and to register, visit www.furnishings-hpu.com. There is no cost for the seminar and lunch will be served. Seating is limited.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...