CMC appoints Seibel to expand Gift & Home Décor Showcase, Design Center
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 3/15/2012 9:32:18 AM
LOS ANGELES - California Market Center has appointed Gerry Seibel as vice president of new business development for the Gift, Home Décor and Design division, the market entity announced in a press release.
"I am thrilled to join the team at the CMC," Seibel said. "The California Market Center is in a unique position to capitalize on the current shifts within these industries and to create a world class facility that links the world of fashion apparel with gift and home furnishings. The CMC ownership is committed to realizing this vision and I am proud to be included in this goal."
In his new position, Seibel will work with Sue Bhanubandh, executive vice president of leasing, to further expand and develop a comprehensive Gift & Home Décor showcase and Design Center, currently located on floors 9C, 12C and 13C of the CMC.
Seibel most recently worked as director of leasing for the Las Vegas Design Center and Gift & Home at the World Market Center. He worked for 12 years as vice president of The Merchandise Mart in Chicago, leasing permanent and temporary showrooms in gift, apparel and residential furnishings. At the L.A. Mart, Seibel worked as vice president and general manager for six years. Early in his career, Seibel worked in management and buying for retailers May Company, Carson Pirie Scott, Gimbels and Kaufmann's Department Stores.
"I am extremely excited to have Gerry join our team," said Jaime Lee, president, CMC. "His vast knowledge and decades of industry experience will be key in fulfilling the CMC's mission."
According to CMC, the addition of Seibel marks another step in the CMC's commitment toward establishing itself as the key destination for the gift and home décor trade on the West Coast.
"It's a critical time for the Gift & Home market in Los Angeles which has changed tremendously and has created many needs. The CMC is poised to fulfill these needs and to make a difference in the market's current direction," said Jaime Lee, president, CMC. "Gerry Seibel is part of a team of experts we're forming to solidify our position and redirect this industry."
In recent months, CMC has more than doubled the square footage of its Gift, Home Décor and Design showrooms, with new showrooms opened by Melrose International, Katherine's Collection, Rosalie & Friends Inc, Bethany Lowe Designs, ESC Trading, Vickerman Trees & Lights, Filbert & Fig, World Buyers and Haptor Barrett, among many others.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...