Urban Expositions launches Facebook contest for Las Vegas Souvenir & Resort Gift Show
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 5/10/2012 9:18:11 AM
ATLANTA - As part of an expanded buyer relations campaign for its 2012 Las Vegas Souvenir & Resort Gift Show, Urban Expositions is launching a Facebook social media contest. Running in tandem with Buyer Relations Director Briana Mackey's visits to retail stores in the months leading up to the show, the contest invites buyers to "like" the show's Facebook page for a chance to win a two-night hotel stay during the 2012 edition.
To enter, buyers can simply "like" the Las Vegas Souvenir & Resort Gift Show Facebook page and write a brief post about why Mackey should visit their store during her travel schedule from June 1- Aug. 31, 2012. If their store is selected, they will receive a special visit and prize package, including a free two-night hotel stay in Las Vegas during the show.
"We find that the visits our buyer relations team makes to retail stores are among the best building tools we have for a show. In addition to bringing show information and news directly to our customers, when Briana calls on stores she's able to gather wonderful information and feedback that helps us continue to fine-tune and strengthen our show to meet retail needs," said Doug Miller, president, Urban Expositions. "Since Facebook is all about conversation, we thought this contest could be a fun way to continue gathering feedback while building our online community too."
The 2012 edition will provide retailers with thousands of lines of souvenir and resort product in a wide range of categories, including destination, resort and tourist merchandise, souvenirs, green products, t-shirts, beach items, made in America, coastal and nautical, lake, mountain and lodge, ski-themed products, destination, logo products, shell items, giftware, jewelry/fashion accessories, toys/games and more.
Other highlights for the 2012 Las Vegas Souvenir & Resort Gift Show include:
• $9.99 hotel rates for retail buyers: Urban Expositions has bought down already discounted rates to offer hotel rooms for retail buyers starting as low as $9.99 at the Stratosphere Casino, Hotel and Tower. These rates are available only to retail buyers who pre-register and attend the show. Show management has also negotiated low rates at other Las Vegas properties as well for buyers and exhibitors. For rates and to make a reservation, visit lvsouvenirshow.com or call 800-262-9974.
• Goody bag giveaways: The first 100 buyers to arrive at the show on Wednesday, Sept. 12 and Thursday, Sept. 13 will receive a special shopping bag filled with free gifts from many of the show's exhibitors.
• Free seminars: National Association of Retail Buyers will once again host educational programs during the show.
• Living legends social: After the show closes on Tuesday evening, Sept. 11, the Living Legends Association honors one of its own. The Living Legends Association seeks to honor those whose contributions have helped the souvenir industry take shape. Its membership is comprised of souvenir reps, wholesalers, manufacturers and designers. Working together, members strive to improve and better the industry while keeping it vital and having fun along the way.
• Networking events: Zoo & Aquarium Buyers Group will host a variety of networking events for its members, including hosting a hospitality suite, breakfast networking sessions and a special reception on Wednesday evening, Sept. 12.
• Show hours:
Tuesday, Sept. 11 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 12 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 13 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 14 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
• Location: Las Vegas Convention Center, Hall C3 and C4, 3150 Paradise Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89109
Attendee Information: Contact Briana Mackey at email@example.com or Jhana Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-318-2238 or visit lvsouvenirshow.com.
We would love your feedback!
- Nov 2, 2010
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...