Annual ART Conference heats up New Orleans
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 6/1/2012 2:00:00 AM
For three days last month, members of the Accessories Resource Team convened in New Orleans for the annual ART conference.
The event featured seminars from noted celebrity designers John Gidding and Barry Dixon, as well as sessions on color trends, social media, time management, consumer shopping trends and more.
The event also included a number of social events and peer networking opporunities, as well as a community service project to decorate four homes in the city's Ninth Ward, the area hard hit by Hurricane Katrina in 2005 (see story, page 68).
International Market Centers was the Triple Diamond sponsor of the event. Other sponsors included other market centers and show organizers, vendors, home accents retailers, sales agencies and industry trade magazines, including Home Accents Today.
|Noted interior designer Barry Dixon on “The Bespoke
Process to the Individual Interior.”
|John Gidding, host of HGTV’s Curb Appeal: The Block,
talked about the importance of accessories in his designs.
|David Gebhart, Global Views, with Lynn Brandon,
professor at the University of North Texas.
|Janice Lassiter, Home Accents Today; Jamie Coward,
MMPI; and Julie Messner, International Market Centers.
|Cody Hutcheson, Codarus, and Susan Andrulis, Imax.
|Sharon Davis, Accessories Resource Team, and Susan
Shannan Harris and Kathy Kelly, Moments on Main.
|Carmen Herndon, Ballard Designs; Chris Hyun, Leftbank
Art; and Karen Greaber, Americasmart.
|Mindy Lowack, left, and Lauren Henderson, both of
Dallas Market Center, with Steve Crowder, Guildmaster.
|Cody Hutcheson, Codarus, and Kellee Hollenback, Troy
|Nicole Barnes and Holly Heine, both of the Jericho Road
Housing Initiative with Bill Fortson, BJ’s Home Accents.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...