Culpepper joins Mohawk Home as VP specialty sales
Oversees business development of Karastan, Mohawk Select brands
Alex Lemonde-Gray -- Home Accents Today, 8/7/2012 9:36:26 AM
CALHOUN, Ga. -- Brandon Culpepper joined Mohawk Home as vice president of specialty sales, a new position, according to an announcement by Bill Kilbride, president of Mohawk Home made earlier this summer.
In his new position, Culpepper will be responsible for growing business relationships in Mohawk Home's middle market, which includes the Mohawk Select brand and the higher-end Karastan brand, according to the company. He will also be tasked with expanding Mohawk Home rug marketing to national retailers and international sales.
"Culpepper brings outstanding sales knowledge and energy to our sales plans which complement the team of professionals at Mohawk Home," Kilbride said. "As today's economy changes traditional approaches to market opportunities, we will continue to adapt our strategies to create new ways to maximize those opportunities."
According to Culpepper, a challenge he and his team must overcome is to further modernize and promote the Karastan brand.
"The Karastan brand means more to the older demographic than the younger one," he said. "And really a name brand doesn't matter at all if it doesn't have compelling value, style and color. You have to be relevant to that modern, younger consumer who wants to pay less and change home décor regularly."
Karastan products have recently been used in multiple episodes of HGTV home improvement shows, highlighting the brand's continued relevance, Culpepper said.
Culpepper most recently worked as vice president of sales and business development for Orian Rugs, a post he held since October 2011. He has also worked as national sales manager of Kas Rugs and regional manager for Dalyn.
The addition of Culpepper to the Mohawk Home team coincided with Steve Roan's resignation from the vice president of Karastan position. A rug industry veteran, Roan joined Karastan in January 2010 and had been tasked with rejuvenating the now 84-year-old American rug manufacturer.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...