ABC Carpet & Home vp is H.D. Buttercup's new president
Li Kurczewski was ABC's senior exec vp-merchandising/creative
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 8/20/2012 11:07:01 AM
LOS ANGELES - H.D. Buttercup announced that Li Kurczewski joined the company on July 9, 2012, as president, responsible for all product merchandising, product development, creative direction, in-store visuals, business development, and fashion for both of the retailer's Los Angeles and San Francisco stores.
Kurczewski joins the company from ABC Carpet & Home in New York City, where she spent more than 15 years as senior executive vice president of merchandising and creative.
At H.D. Buttercup, she will report to Evan Cole, founder and CEO. "Li is an outstanding merchant and leader and brings with her a lucrative 20-year career in the luxury retail business," Cole said. "Her talents add an eclectic, vibrant dynamic to our robust business as we continue growing into greater prominence and expansion. I'm thrilled to work with Li again. She is an expert creative, and having her join our senior management team is exciting and forward-moving."
Kurczewski said she is "equally excited" to partner with Cole. "He's an innovative, big-picture, businessman, and a consummate pro. Working with him in developing ABC Carpet & Home in New York was the highlight in my career. I am truly fortunate to once again collaborate on new energy and substantive change to the mediocrity currently afflicting the industry."
H.D. Buttercup's luxury home furnishings stores are located in the Culver City district of Los Angeles, and the MOMA district of San Francisco. The company will soon be opening a series of HDB specialty boutiques on the West Coast, according to a release.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...