High Point Market adds new fashion award for Showroom Design Competition
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 9/17/2012 3:34:05 PM
HIGH POINT, N.C. - The High Point Market's Showroom Design Competition is adding a new Fashion Focus Award to its line-up of honors, as part of the market's new fashion campaign.
In its fifth year, the Showroom Design Competition gives High Point Market exhibitors the opportunity to earn industry-wide recognition for outstanding display ideas, and for retailers and designer to get new ideas and inspiration for their stores and clients' homes.
The Best of Market Award is selected by a panel of judges and honors the showroom that best exemplifies creative and compelling display. The judges for this Market are Newell Turner, editor in chief of House Beautiful; Mark McMenamin, senior editor of Interior Design; and interior designer Tobi Fairley.
The judges also will select the winner of the Fashion Focus Award, which will go to the exhibitor who most creatively uses fashion elements in its showroom display. For both of those awards, exhibitors are invited to upload photos of their showrooms on their exhibitor listing page.
For the People's Choice Award, all market attendees will be invited to vote for their favorite showroom design via Twitter or text messaging. Judging criteria is left to the discretion of individual market attendees.
Complete competition details and rules can be found at www.highpointmarket.org/exhibitor-services/showroom-design-competition.
The awards will be announced on Monday, Oct. 15, at 8:45 a.m., just before the Market Press Breakfast in the High Point Theatre. Winning entrants in each category will be presented with a crystal trophy cup for display in their showroom.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...