Mobile technology is theme for annual Online Technologies Conference
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 9/1/2012 2:00:00 AM
THE ONE-TWO punch of tablets plus smart phone adoption makes 2012 the year of mobile. Today, more than 50% of U.S. cell phone users now have smart phones. By 2013, Gartner Group estimates that more people will use mobile devices than PCs to access the internet. To help retailers and manufacturers adapt to the mobile shopper, Home Accents Today (along with its sister brands in the Furniture/Today Group of Sandow Media) is hosting its annual Online Technologies Conference Nov. 15, at the Americasmart Conference Center in Atlanta. The theme of this year's annual conference is "Online Goes Mobile."
This one-day conference focuses exclusively on how retailers and manufacturers in the gift, decorative accessories and home furnishings industries can implement mobile optimized devices and marketing to grow their businesses. Topics include:
■ Mobile Advertising
■ Mobile E-commerce and Apps
■ How to Sell the iShopper
■ Preparing Your Website for Smart Phone Users
"The objective of this event is to provide retailers and manufacturers in the home furnishing and gift industries with actionable, real-world tips and ideas that they can use in their businesses," said Penny Schneck, conference host. Online registration is now open. To register go to homeaccentstoday com/techcon or contact Conference & Events Manager Heather Grant at 336-605-1061.
Early bird registration for the conference is $99 (through Oct. 15). Standard registration is $189. Conference fee includes lunch and conference notebook.
Conference sponsors include FurnitureDealer.net, Micro D, Nationwide Group, Shopatron and Whereoware. Sandow Media's Furniture Group includes Furniture/Today, Home Accents Today, Home Textiles Today, Kids Today, Gifts and Decorative Accessories and Casual Living.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...