Tracy Bulla -- Home Accents Today, 9/1/2012 2:00:00 AM
I hate to say goodbye to summer, but the whirlwind tour of summer shows brought - as always - plenty of pretty things to love! As we head into fall, the design mood is effortless, elegant and literally, lighter. Both natural elements and colorways - think white, cream and beige - set the tone for clean, refreshing style that is just right. Here, a look at the top 10 trends for the season.
Geometric Prints - Look for bold, brilliantly hued link, lattice, flame stitch, chevron and more to stand out
One of a Kind - Handmade, artisan designs -- think hand-blown glass and original art -- come into their own this season
Metallic - Directional on nontraditional surfaces, such as linen and cowhide, but found on all designs for the home
Jewels - Crystals and semi-precious stones like turquoise, quartz and chalcedony luxe up even the simplest of designs
Damask - Updated renderings bring new life to this timeless traditional print
Lavender - Subdued hues of purple, such as lilac and aubergine, offer a refreshing sense of elegance
Natural Elements - Straw, rattan, jute, burlap and sustainable woods underscore the clean appeal of the organic movement
Fish Motifs - With a continued presence of the ocean variety, lake dwellers make a big splash
Light Finishes - White lacquer and pale natural wood finishes lighten up the overall mood
Accent Colors - Bold pops of orange, citron, turquoise and peacock accentuate a pale, neutral hued landscape
Can't wait to see you in High Point!
We would love your feedback!
No related articles for this topic.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...