New app helps consumers find locally-owned businesses
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 11/20/2012 3:04:19 PM
Developed for Android and iPhone, the search engine has five categories: Shop Local, Eat Local, Local Services, Play Local and Other. Once a category is selected, users can search by current location, or enter an address, city, state or zip code. They can also use the app to recommend their favorite locally-owned businesses.
Business owners can use the app to become a member of Independent We Stand and list their company in the database. Basic membership is free, and premium and ambassador memberships are available for an annual fee. Learn more at www.independentwestand.org/membership.
The app includes a blog that provides helpful tips on buying local and up-to-date news affecting small businesses and consumers. Users can also access Independent We Stand videos and the press room.
"The Independent We Stand mobile app is a user-friendly tool that will allow indie supporters to connect with locally-owned businesses in their community more efficiently," said Bill Brunelle, project manager of Independent We Stand. "Information about great places to dine, shop and have fun is right at your fingertips."
We would love your feedback!
- Dec 27, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...