Williams-Sonoma opens in Kuwait, first store outside North America
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 11/30/2012 10:24:44 AM
Williams-Sonoma opened a store in Kuwait, the retail brand's first store outside North America. The new 11,000-sq.-ft.location opened in November in Grand Avenue, The Avenues in Kuwait, in partnership with international retail franchise operator M.H. Alshaya.
"We're thrilled about the opening of Williams-Sonoma in Kuwait, our first store in the Middle East, and the first outside of North America," said Richard Harvey, brand president, Williams-Sonoma. "We believe that the relationship with Alshaya will prove successful because the Middle East consumer takes great pride in entertaining guests, and the merchandise and services we offer will provide customers with new products and ways to entertain in style."
A new modern kitchen will be a focal point of the store, where chefs and culinary experts will conduct product demonstrations, technique lessons and cooking classes. Demonstration stations and product experts will be on hand throughout the store, helping customers test and use the cooking utensils, electronic appliances, cookware and cutlery. The second floor features living, dining and bedroom furniture, bedding and bath textiles, and an extensive range of home décor and accessories.
"Williams-Sonoma is a wonderful addition to the home-furnishings brands we are able to offer our customers," said Jens Ravnbol, vice president of home furnishings for M. H. Alshaya. "Alshaya is looking forward to developing Williams-Sonoma's unique customer service and culinary know-how to create a special shopping experience. We are delighted to have opened the first Williams-Sonoma store in Kuwait."
In 2010, M.H. Alshaya partnered with Williams-Sonoma Inc. to launch the first franchise operation of Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids stores in the Middle East. This relationship has extended to include the Williams-Sonoma brand, which will launch for the first time outside North America, in Kuwait.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...