7 W New York hosts Retail Design Collective
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 12/4/2012 9:59:19 AM
NEW YORK, N.Y. - The Association for Retail Environment's Retail Design Collective, scheduled for Dec. 5-7, 2012 at 7 W New York, will feature daily conference sessions focused on design and visual merchandising trends. Trend forecasting experts highlight this year's program, along with a panel discussion on the re-invention of department stores.
Smaller focused sessions, sponsored and developed by media partners DDI, Stylus and VMSD, will be held in 7 West's Retail Lounge. Below is a summary of the sessions:
Wed., Dec. 5, 10:30-11:30 a.m.: Store design and visual merchandising trends forecast presented by Maren Hartman, WGSN East Coast Content Director. A former designer, Hartman's credentials include stints at Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle Outfitters, Aeropostale and Stella McCartney. Media partner: DDI
Thurs., Dec. 6, 9:30-11 a.m.: Master Class - Once considered the dinosaur of retailing, the department store sector is proving it's full of life as retailers such as Macy's, Lotte, Nordstrom and JCPenney, lighten up their store interiors, invest in services and amenities, and find balance in their brand mixes. Join VMSD editor Anne DiNardo and a panel of retail and design experts as they discuss the latest department store strategies and share store design trends from around the globe. Media partner: VMSD
Fri., Dec. 7, 10:30-11a.m.: Stylus will present their latest future thinking. The inspirational and informative presentation looks at prevailing consumer trends, and provides a catalyst to push the design industries to new levels. Stylus is an online business intelligence tool that provides reports and inspiration for twenty different industry sectors, including automotive, beauty, architecture, consumer electronics and travel. Media partner: Stylus
Thirty-four companies have signed on with showrooms or sponsorships for the 2012 A.R.E. Retail Design Collective, including: Ace Designs, Almax, Alpha Display, ALU, Architectural Systems, B+N Industries, Bernstein Display/MC, Bishop Fixture, Bolon by VIIR, CDW Merchants, Christine Taylor Collection, Cubic, Elevations, Goldsmith, Greneker, Holiday Foliage, H+B, JPMA Global, Leo Prager, Lifestyle/Trimco, Manex France Display, Material ConneXion, Media Graph, MG Concepts, Mondo Mannequins/Sellutions by Econoco, Patina-V, RHO, Siegel & Stockman/Superior Model Form, Silvestri California, RPG, Universal Display, VISPLAY, Visual Magnetics, and VisualCiti.
For more information, visit www.retaildesigncollective.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...