L.A. Mart helps those in need
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 12/17/2012 11:22:54 AM
LOS ANGELES - The L.A. Mart will host four charity events designed to provide avenues to members of the gift and home industry to help both children and adults in need.
On Jan. 24, the L.A. Mart will host "The 3/50 Project: Building Business From the Ground Up," hosted by Cinda Baxter. A cocktail party will follow the presentation and 100% of the proceeds ($10 admission) will be donated to Gift for Life.
Gift and home showrooms are donating toys for the L.A. Mart Holiday Toy & Gift Drive. All of the donations will be given to the Department of Family & Child Services of Los Angeles.
At the Divine Design charity event, shoppers can buy donated items from major companies at the L.A. Mart and 100% of the proceeds will be donated Project Angel Food. The organization offers free service of preparing and delivering up to 13,000 meals a week for women, men and children struggling with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other life-threatening illnesses within the Los Angeles County.
C4 Belts, maker of 100% recyclable and vegan-friendly belts will be donating a percentage of proceeds from orders placed at the January L.A. Gift & Home Market to the Human Rights Campaign.
"It's important for us to recognize that real hardship exists both in our backyard and around the country and we're honored to be able to facilitate meaningful partnerships with these altruistic charities," said Frank Joens, senior vice president, general manager, L.A. Mart.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...