Surya joins Sustainable Furnishings Council
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 1/2/2013 11:14:14 AM
Rug and home accessories manufacturer Surya announced its membership in the Sustainable Furnishings Council, joining a group of home furnishings industry players to promote sustainable practices across all levels of the chain, from manufacturing to the retailer and end-consumer.
The Sustainable Furnishings Council was formed in 2006 to act as a repository of knowledge on a number of issues concerning sustainability and to provide up-to-date guidelines for best practices.
"We are delighted to have welcomed Surya into Sustainable Furnishings Council membership - they are a dynamic company, bringing unique energy to their product development and marketing efforts," said Susan Inglis, executive director of the SFC. "The company's profound commitment to excellence will result in responsibility to the cause, as well as to their customer."
Surya has been increasing its collection of products made out of natural materials and will be showcasing those items at the upcoming winter markets in Atlanta and Las Vegas.
"As a home accessories manufacturer, we look for ways to work smarter and eliminate waste wherever possible within the supply chain," said Satya Tiwari, president, Surya. "Joining the SFC organization will give us more tools to affect industry change and a platform to share valuable information with other manufacturers and retailers."
We would love your feedback!
- Oct 17, 2011
- Aug 17, 2011
- Aug 23, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...