Alexa Hampton named Design Icon at winter Las Vegas Market
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 12/1/2012 2:00:00 AM
Alexa Hampton will be honored as the 2013 Design Icon during the winter Las Vegas Market, Jan. 28-Feb. 1, 2013. Hampton is a first time recipient of the award, which celebrates designers and their contributions to the industry.
"Las Vegas is expanding and enriching as a valuable destination for designers, with the introduction of many leading brands and showrooms joining us in 2013," said Paul Watson, vice president of design for International Market Centers. "As we elevate our market's offerings and position Las Vegas Design Center as the region's largest and premier furnishings and design resource, we are delighted to deliver complementary events that serve our A&D community, both on and off market. Design Icon is the centerpiece of our designer programming for the upcoming winter market, and as such, we are pleased to present Alexa Hampton as the recipient of our 2013 Design Icon award. Her industry tenure, accomplishments and influence make her a natural fit for this award and we are most fortunate to have her present market attendees with highlights and influences of her illustrious career."
Hampton's involvement in design includes serving as president and featured designer of Mark Hampton LLC. A frequent member of Architectural Digest and House Beautiful's top designers' lists and Elle Décor's A-List, Hampton has received recognition from numerous publications. She is a trustee for the board of the New York School of Interior Design, a published author and a contributing columnist to the Wall Street Journal. Additionally, she has designed a number of successful eponymous collections of furniture, fabrics, trimming, lighting and rugs.
Hampton joins the ranks of designers who have been recognized as past Design Icons including Vladimir Kagan, Juan Montoya, Vicente Wolf, Christopher Guy, Larry Laslo, Roger Thomas and Jamie Drake.
The award presentation will take place Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2013, from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Building C, room 176. The event includes remarks from Hampton, followed by a book signing and trunk show featuring her newest fabric and trim collection with Kravet.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...