Mike Farrell line finds new home, partnership at Berry Creek
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 1/21/2013 11:33:46 AM
Known for its tactile throws, pillows and accessories, Huitru has gained national attention in the U.S. with an edgy new line of bags, tablet cases and alpargata shoes, built from jacquard fabrics and playfully called Lunch. Lunch is the brainchild of designer Mike Farrell. The new location signals the beginning of a partnership between Berry Creek, Huitru and Farrell, a press release states.
Taking a cue from retail formats, Farrell is moving beyond strictly home furnishings and into a complete lifestyle collection. According to the release, Farrell will be moving into a role that is more singularly focused on design, a change he hopes will bring an exciting story and perspective to the market.
"I made the decision that 2013 was about moving my company completely into design, product development and marketing, and out of logistics, management and sales direction," Farrell said. "In order to do that for the new Lunch and Huitru lines I needed to find the right distribution channel for Nicolas (owner of Huitru/Lunch)."
Longtime friend and customer Gray Smith of Berry Creek Home will become an integral part of the success of Huitru and Lunch, the release states. "Gray and Cindy Smith at Berry Creek were not only long-time customers but ski buddies and good friends," Farrell said. "They are aggressive, professional and have a tight, well-run distribution facility in Salt Lake City. They are passionate about the product and big supporters of my work and vision and have an Argentine, Spanish-speaking administrative assistant in the office. It was a classic ‘no brainer.'"
With new distribution channels in place, Huitru and Lunch are positioned for growth beyond two successful soft launches.
"We showed the collection twice and both times we experienced a strong positive reaction and steady order writing" Farrell said. "We knew that the line sold through well at retail. My brand is being shaped as a national label and I'm positioning it more where I see my persona and ideals making most sense, where I can reach who I think is my customer."
Lunch and other Huitru soft goods will be found in the Berry Creek Home showroom in Building B of the World Market Center, showroom B-154.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...