Gift for Life's Party for Life raises nearly $200,000
Global Views, Whereoware honored
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 2/4/2013 4:33:59 PM
Gift for Life's Party for Life event held last month in New York raised nearly $200,000, officials said.
Gift for Life, the gift, stationery and home décor industries' sole charitable organization, hosted its 21st annual event on Sunday, Jan. 27, at The Boathouse in Central Park in New York City and welcomed hundreds of industry attendees.
"Each year this event draws a crowd that is enthusiastic and generous," said Leslie Nathan-Street, Gift for Life chairperson. "This year we welcomed more than 450 guests as we raised funds to support DIFFA's mission of care and education. Thanks to everyone for helping make this event a huge success."
The Party for Life featured numerous NYC-themed food stations, multiple bars, a photo booth and a short program honoring industry leaders with two awards: Global Views received the "Design for Life" Award, which recognizes excellence in product design and sustained impact on the gift and home décor industries; and Whereoware received the "Trailblazer Award," which recognizes an industry pioneer for outstanding achievement and significant contributions, as well as for creative products and ideas with lasting impact.
Guests competed for a wide array of prizes at silent and live auctions including jewelry, home décor, show tickets, vacation packages, market trips, marketing assistance and more.
Each year, Gift for Life hosts events throughout the U.S. benefitting DIFFA: Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS. The primary mission of Gift for Life and DIFFA is to eradicate the AIDS pandemic in the U.S. Working together, Gift for Life and DIFFA will continue to raise funds for HIV/AIDS service and education programs. For additional information please visit www.giftforlife.org. Follow Gift for Life's efforts via its free e-newsletter, available at http://www.giftforlife.org/about_gfl/press-releases-and-newsletters/.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...