Ambiente 2013 to feature French exhibits, appearance by Catherine Deneuve
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 2/7/2013 12:18:02 PM
FRANKFURT, Germany - France will be welcomed as partner country to this month's Ambiente consumer goods tradeshow. The event commemorates the 50th anniversary of the Élysée Treaty, also known as the German-French Treaty of Friendship, which was established by Charles de Gaulle of France and Konrad Adenauer of Germany on January 22, 1963.
Programming includes an appearance by award-winning French actress Catherine Deneuve, who will visit selected French and international exhibitors during a tour of the fair. She will also attend a special presentation curated by Olivia Putman, artistic director of Studio Putman and ambassador of Ambiente's "Partner Country France" project. Deneuve's visit will take place Feb. 18, which will include a day of special exhibits and lectures on the French way of life, design and craftsmanship.
Deneuve has worked with directors such as Luis Buñuel, Roman Polanski, François Truffaut and Lars von Trier and could most recently be seen with her daughter Chiara Mastroianni in the 2012 film "Les bien-aimés'. She has been ambassador and testimonial for brands such as Chanel, L'Oréal and Yves Saint Laurent and has also designed products and collections in the luxury consume rgoods sector.
"To welcome Ms. Deneuve to the world's leading trade fair for consumer goods is a great honor for us," said Detlef Braun, member of the executive board of Messe Frankfurt GmbH. "She is an icon of international film and French savoir-vivre. Her visit is a splendid highlight of this year's Ambiente."
More than 4,500 exhibitors will present home furnishings, gifts and products for the table, kitchen and home at the international event, which takes place Feb. 15-19, 2013 at MesseFrankfurt, Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...