Wayfair aids hurricane victims with $50K donation to Habitat Restore
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 2/18/2013 2:39:40 PM
BOSTON - Online home furnishings retailer Wayfair.com has donated more than $50,000 worth of home furnishings to two New Jersey coastal Habitat for Humanity affiliates to help rebuild communities devastated by Hurricane Sandy.
The goods were delivered to Habitat ReStore resale outlets in Asbury Park and Tom's River, N.J., and funds from the sale of the products will directly support disaster response efforts and home re-builds in the region, according to a release.
"We are delighted to contribute to the re-building efforts in coastal New Jersey where so many people are still in need of safe and affordable housing," said Niraj Shah, CEO and co-founder of Wayfair.com.
He said the e-commerce company "strongly supports Habitat's mission, and it is our hope that by donating home furnishings directly to ReStores in the region, we will be able to help people get back on their feet following Hurricane Sandy."
Both the Asbury and Tom's River Habitat affiliates have launched repair, rebuild and restore efforts in the region and plan to continue as long as necessary, the release said. Wayfair's donation will impact repair and restoration of homes in coastal Monmouth County and Northern Ocean County.
Wayfair.com launched a partnership with Habitat for Humanity International in July 2012, and has raised more than $100,000 to help build homes in partnership with low-income families in need of affordable housing.
We would love your feedback!
- Sep 11, 2012
- May 21, 2012
- May 8, 2013
- Mar 21, 2013
- Feb 26, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...