MoMA appoints former Google exec to retail marketing post
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 3/7/2013 10:31:54 AM
NEW YORK, NY - The Museum of Modern Art has appointed Patrick Inverso director of marketing andcommunications of MoMA Retail Division. Inverso will play a lead role in shaping the marketing strategy for the MoMA Design Store brand and developing creative programs that further connect retail and wholesale channels to the Museum, according to a release.
Inverso joins MoMA following a nine-year career in marketing and advertising. He was most recently with Google where he executed marketing campaigns and strategic partnerships. Prior to Google, Inverso spent four years with The New York Times where he played a key role in the development of their online subscriptions and launched apps with iPhone, Blackberry and Android. Inverso is a graduate of New York University Tisch School of the Arts and obtained his MBA from NYU's The Stern School of Business.
MoMA Retail Division furthers the Museum's mission of educating the public about modern art and good design. It began in 1939 as a small sales desk in the Museum's lobby and now features three store locations in New York, a store in Tokyo, e-commerce sites for U.S., Japanese and Korean markets, a mail order catalog and a wholesale division. The retail division works with the curatorial departments to select and develop products and publications that reflect MoMA's programs and collections. It offers the public thousands of products, from publications and art reproductions to a varied selection of design objects, jewelry, personal accessories, furniture and lighting. Any net revenues generated by the Museum Stores are used solely to advance the Museum's mission, which includes supporting its programs and exhibitions.
We would love your feedback!
- Jan 31, 2013
- Dec 23, 2010
- Aug 16, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...