Candice Olson to headline four events at High Point Market
Surya, AF Lighting among those featuring the designer and TV personality
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 4/4/2013 10:58:39 AM
Furniture designer, interior designer and TV personality Candice Olson will headline four events on opening day of the spring High Point Market, April 20. In addition to headlining two events at Highland House, where Olson has an extensive collection of upholstery and case goods, she will also participate in special events for her other licensed product lines.
At 1:30 p.m. at Showplace 4100, Surya, home Olson's rug collection, will host a question-and-answer session called Solving Your Design Challenges: A Conversation with Candice Olson. AF Lighting, home of Olson's lighting collection, will host a grand opening ribbon cutting and party from 4-6 p.m. in its new showroom, IHFC M430.
At Highland House (Market Square 142, 243) the two events include:
• 9-10:30 a.m. - Coffee Talk with Candice. Olson will welcome an in-showroom audience consisting of dealers, designers and press who will have an opportunity to ask questions about her furniture collection, her popular TV show Candice Tells All and discuss other design and retail-related themes.
• 4:30-7:30 p.m. - Highland House Cocktail Party. Olson will join the festivities around 6 p.m. to meet and greet furniture dealers, designers, press and other guests in attendance.
Highlights of Olson's latest introductions to her upholstery and case goods at Highland House for April 2013 include:
• Storm, a new upholstery fabric palette in an array of cool blue-grays shown on new and existing upholstery frames. "In Canada we have four very different seasons and weather that provides ever-changing, endless inspiration," Olson said. "The smoky blue-gray in Storm is a personal favorite, especially when accompanied by warm wood tones. This palette contains the colors of an impending thunderstorm, and it is just so chic."
• Nineteen pieces are being added to the Candice Olson upholstery collection.
• Introducing Candice Olson Leather: 19 leathers expand the number of leather offerings available. Eighteen additional items are now also available in leather.
• Fifteen new pieces of case goods and occasional accents, including Kamala, a stylish new series of hand-painted stylized paisley designs that includes an accent chest, a new accent table and floor mirror. The hand-painted pattern on Kamala is called Henna, a high-fashion paisley motif drawn from one of Olson's high-end wall coverings for York. Olson describes Henna as a pattern that "contrasts beautifully with the clean straight lines and slick surfaces of a wood case while perfectly bridging the gap between traditional and modern design." Henna paisley is also incorporated in her rug designs for Surya, her lighting designs for AF Lighting and her bedding designs for Dillard's.
"We are really happy with the response across the board from our customer base regarding the Candice Olson product line," said Parker Goss, Highland House president. "The reaction to and buy-in with this collection has been phenomenal for us. According to the feedback and orders we have received from dealers, this collection has hit a chord with consumers. People really seem to connect with Candice as well as with her designs. We are working closely with Candice Olson in an on-going effort to add more of her stylish, well-priced upholstery, case goods and occasional accents at future markets."
We would love your feedback!
- Apr 10, 2013
- Mar 27, 2013