Retailers Refuse to Work with Direct Sellers
GDA Staff -- Home Accents Today, 6/27/2013 9:59:13 AM
SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA - More retailers are refusing to do business with brands that sell direct to consumers, according to Shopatron.
The 2013 Retailer eCommerce Study found that 71 percent of respondents would stop or reduce spending with brands that started to compete with them by selling direct to consumers.
The survey also revealed other omni-channel trends in retail. Retailers prefer in-store pickup. In fact, 60 percent of respondents reporting that they would buy more from brands that send them in-store pickup orders. Of those surveyed, 86 percent reported mobile shopping on the rise after observing more customers using mobile phones while shopping in stores-most often to compare prices, obtain product information and check product reviews.
Local brick-and-mortar retailers are also expanding into new online channels, according to the survey with 44 percent of respondents selling in online marketplaces like eBay and Amazon; of those, 45 percent saw a year-over-year sales increase.
"The eCommerce world is changing rapidly, and brands are faced with the challenge of finding ways to sell direct while remaining strong partners with their valued retailers," said Ed Stevens, founder and CEO, Shopatron. "Shopatron was founded with the goal of providing brands and retailers with the tools that will allow them to work collaboratively and create amazing new experiences for shoppers; this survey shows that we've done just that."
We would love your feedback!
- Mar 1, 2013
- Nov 19, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...