Artisan House co-founder Kurt Freiler dies
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 7/23/2013 9:29:59 AM
LOS ANGELES - Kurt Freiler, a founding partner of metal artwork resource Artisan House, has died at age 103. His death follows the passing of Artisan House's other co-founder, Jerry Fels, in 2007 at age 90.
Freiler, a German immigrant and manufacturer with a knack for reinventing the use of tools, and Fels, a New York-based artist, met in the 1940s.
In 1964 the pair officially launched Artisan House, which quickly became known for its collection of eclectic, decorative wall décor. Freiler and Fels are also responsible for the corporate signature of "C. Jeré" that is found on all authentic Artisan House sculptures.
Today, the company is largely popular among vintage art dealers and collectors, has caught the attention of leading designers like Michael Payne and Jonathan Adler, and offers its clients an ever-evolving roster of more than 350 pieces.
"We are deeply saddened by the loss of Kurt," said John Shilling, president of Artisan House. "Both he and Jerry were trailblazers, trendsetters, and leaders in the world of metal art design. While the originators of Artisan House are no longer with us, we will continue to develop and grow the company that they worked so hard to create."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...