Edison bulb creates statement-making fixtures
Jenny Heinzen York -- Home Accents Today, 8/1/2013 2:00:00 AM
Technology and regulation are moving light bulbs in a very futuristic direction, but there is an equal and opposite reaction taking place across the industry - the Edison bulb. The look is vintage and industrial, but also very warm - a combination that the high-tech bulbs of modernity just can't replicate. These bulbs show best in unadorned wire and glass fixtures, evoking thoughts of simpler times. While the bulbs themselves can be used in any fixture, lighting vendors are jumping on the bandwagon and offering a range of styles to showcase this bit of the past.
|A minimal wire cage
construction and silvery
gold finish highlight
Currey & Company’s
|The three-light Urban Renewal chandelier
by Feiss offers a mix of industrial inspiration
with traditional chandelier arms that can be
positioned upward or downward ($349).|
|Shapely but simple wire
cages define a series
of five small pendants
from Lazy Susan.|
|New from Midwest-CBK’s
Toscana Collection, the Medium
Gold Luster Swirl pendant features
a smoky, iridescent finish ($140).|
|The use of 10 lamps in the
Duchess chandelier by
Arteriors allows the multitiered
design to stretch almost
6 feet in length ($3,900).|
We would love your feedback!
- May 30, 2013
- Jan 14, 2013
- Jan 12, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...