NY Now to open winter 2014 hotel block early, adds extra show day
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 8/1/2013 2:00:00 AM
In Anticipation of the winter 2014 NY Now (formerly NYIGF) overlap with Super Bowl XLVIII, which will be held on Sunday, Feb. 2, in East Rutherford, N.J, NY Now has added an extra day to the winter 2014 event, will expand its use of multiple locations for exhibits, and through its official travel agency, Travel Planners, will accept reservations for winter 2014 prior to the opening of the summer 2013 market.
With the addition of one weekday to the winter schedule, the winter 2014 edition of NY Now will open on Saturday, Feb. 1, and will run through Thursday, Feb. 6. In addition to the Jacob Javits Convention Center, the Passenger Ship Terminal Piers 92 and 94 will also present NY Now exhibitors.
Because of concerns about the overlap of such a major sporting event and its impact on the show and area's ability to accommodate the additional influx of visitors, GLM researched New York City's capacity and confirmed that it can handle the additional traffic in terms of flights, restaurants and general crowds.
"Two weekend shopping days are still available for retailers who can only come on Saturday and Sunday this coming winter, plus an extra weekday is guaranteed for those who want to come after Super Bowl weekend," said Christian Falkenberg, NY Now director and GLM senior vice president. "With the Super Bowl, it will be an even more exciting time to be in New York City. "We have more than enough New York City hotel rooms at advantageous rates reserved for the winter 2014 market, and we are opening reservations much earlier than usual so that NY Now exhibitors and attendees can book early to ensure availability and the best pricing."
Market participants can pre-register online at http://tphousing.com/ec.html to receive email notification when winter 2014 reservations can be made.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...