Tracy Bulla -- Home Accents Today, 9/1/2013 2:00:00 AM
| Ice Age|
Inspired by the rustic and extreme landscape of her native Iceland, fashion and textile designer Linda Bjorg Arnadottir created the Scintilla home textile collection. A contemporary aesthetic is reflected in bed linens, pillows, tablecloths, towels and blankets, as well as leather bags, candles and pajamas. All designs are manufactured in Europe; Scintilla also offers a range of textiles for hotels
British-based Esther Patterson, founder of Curiousa & Curiousa, designs hand-blown glass and bone china lighting. Nominated for the Elle Decoration British Design Awards in 2012, the collection runs from retro to futuristic and is produced by UK-based craftsmen. Shades are traditionally freeblown without molds, allowing for virtually any shape, size and color to be achieved.
|Bespoke by Nature|
Handcrafted in Brooklyn, Sentient designs furniture that both honors the wood and showcases it as a natural work of art. Using sustainable hardwoods from the forests of North America, Sentient offers live edge and slab hardwood designs, as well as solid wood furniture. The Caribou Lounge chair reveals the innate variation of colors and tones of American black walnut.
|Floral Design 101|
Teroforma's new Atelier Collection of vases aims to put the tools of an expert floral designer in the hands of the arrangement challenged. Created in collaboration with floral designer Matthew Robbins, each bisque porcelain vase bears the name of the suggested arrangement pairing (think Bud, Branch, Bloom, Bouquet and Cutting). The minimal, elegant design boasts a subtly referential pattern corresponding to each style and a contrasting interior tint glaze for a low-key pop ($560, set of five assorted).
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...