ASID announces key additions to senior team
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 9/27/2013 10:50:02 AM
The American Society of Interior Designers today announced three appointments to its senior team. Kevin Mulvaney joins ASID as vice president for strategic marketing and communications; Matthew DeGeeter is the new director of engagement; and Andy Whittaker serves as director of market research.
Whittaker joined ASID in July and the appointments of DeGeeter and Mulvaney were effective Sept. 9 and Sept. 23, respectively.
"The addition of Kevin, Matt and Andy to our team marks the launch of ASID 2.0," said Randy W. Fiser, ASID executive vice president and CEO. "These dynamic leaders will help elevate ASID to the next level, driving the organization and the interior design profession into the future and responding to the changing needs of the industry. Each of them has a proven track record of being forward thinking with a passion for delivering value to members each and every day."
Mulvaney heads communications and marketing operations at ASID, a pivotal role charged with developing the organization's message, content and brand strategy. He serves as chief spokesperson and ambassador, developing relationships with the media to spread awareness of ASID, and oversees a team that executes the organization's events, media relations and editorial activities, including its website, social media, newsletters and ASID ICON magazine. He is also responsible for business marketing and strategic direction for advertising and promotion initiatives.
DeGeeter focuses on engagement, recruitment and service. He ensures that ASID represents the interests of interior designers and the interior design community, and provides members at all stages of their careers - from students to principals - with tangible value for their membership. The scope of member programs includes leadership training, concentrated and high-value networking, sharing of best practices, meaningful community service initiatives and limited-access experiences.
Whittaker brings data to life providing ASID with evidence-based surveys, trends, white papers and studies revealing trends and developments in the interior design industry. He examines the supply and demand elements that make up the business of design and produces the annual "State of the Industry" report.
These key appointments will complement the leadership team at ASID and play an instrumental role in executing its three-year strategic plan - a blueprint for the organization's future that focuses on creating new business and design opportunities for members.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...